GE

Posted on Dec 19, 2021

I use Bob's Red Mill Dark Rye Flour to make sourdough breads. This gives a different flavor and appearance compared to just using wheat flour, making finished products more appetizing. Nutritional value wise, rye also adds more minerals, iron and fiber to loaves. A blend of Bob's quality dark rye and wheat flour is always what I use for sourdough breads.

50965ca7-fbca-4607-83a9-0a37a0f5fc40
Posted on Jul 4, 2022

This is a high quality rye and it makes the best tasting sourdough! I use 1:2 ratio with strong bread flour. The new packaging has a different seal at the top, almost like Velcro. Not sure if I like it or not yet. I don’t think it’s airtight compared to the old zip lock packaging. But I keep it all in a sealed container. It’s much cheaper ordering this way than going into local health food stores in Australia.

5d7c6717-dc41-4cc4-a0d8-43a479e6a034
Posted on Jun 4, 2022

This rye flour has a wonderful fragrance and makes a very elastic dough that is easy to work with. Like all rye flour, it can be a bit stick, but the elasticity makes shaping it very nice. I have used it for regular rye and pumpernickel. The pumpernickel was particularly good. It smelled just like I remember it should and the chewy texture made it a great sandwich bread. My children liked it plain or just buttered.

67a46b5e-52ad-4496-ae59-08bcc3b9e734
Posted on Jun 8, 2022

I’ve made lots of tasty bread with this! I generally mix it with whole meal flour and some white or rice flour. Brings a lot of good flavor and deliciousness to the loaves! I just wish the package were bigger and it was a more economical price because it definitely is expensive to order regularly.

Posted on May 12, 2022

I use this for making dark rye bread and add some to the base of sourdough starter. It's often out of stock at my local shops and here on iHerb. Immediately ordered a few packs when I see it's available here. This flour smells very pleasant with fine quality. I can probably make 3 loafs of bread with this pack (of course I add in whole wheat flour, not just rye). Tastes good adding honey to the mix.

Posted on Nov 29, 2021

Second time buying this from herb and ways love the quality of Bob's red mill flour as it is organic, and perfect for me to make breads and sourdough. Tastes really good as it has a rich wheat taste. Good quality flour and tastes really healthy and nutty. Natural ingredient from rye and perfect size for a small household.

Posted on Aug 27, 2021

This was my first time to try and make rye bread. I found a recipe on the internet and using this flour I made the most moist and delicious bread I have ever tasted. I think it was because of the excellent quality of the flour. I can not find rye bread in this country so out of desperation and the longing to eat some rye bread I ordered Bob's red mill flour. I have never ordered anything from this company that did not have excellent results. I only made half the recipe so only one loaf, in this way I can make the flour last longer. By the way this mill is an employee owned company.

Posted on Oct 18, 2021

Great quality. The flour is finely grinded. I used it to bake sourdough bread. Packaging is attractive. Since i'm baking bread every weekend, i would definitely use this frequently adding into our bread diet.

4f2ed49e-c5c0-4111-906c-baf416cd4b54
Posted on Jun 27, 2022

I just a big fan of this brand , they provide good rage of flours and baking stuff . With good quality and good seals . The taste is really yummy too .