Page 1 - Reviews - Curlsmith, Super Slip Pre-Biotic Primer, Step 1, 12 fl oz (355 ml) - iHerb
GE
Posted on Feb 7, 2022

I think this is great for when you really need to deep-clean your scalp. I use it in conjunction with Step 2. It really does improve the condition of your scalp over time and I have less itching when I use it. My scalp has gotten gradually better after the months I have been using this. However, I find it too drying to use daily. I cowash with Step 3 instead most days.

Posted on Mar 10, 2022

Really nice quality, does not have a strong scent. My original bottle had a twist top applicator which made it applying in the shower easier than the standard pop open cap; but that is simply a preference. I use in partnership with the pro and post biotic in the same line. really notice a great clean feeling.

Posted on Feb 26, 2022

This primer was interesting! It is thin in texture so it's tempting to use quite a lot of it. It smelled really nice. The instructions said to finger detangle with the primer in your hair, but since it doesn't give slip that wasn't possible for me. Not really an issue as I didn't expect to detangle until the conditioner step anyway. Using the primer together with the shampoo and conditioner gave me the best hair day ever and my hair did not feel stripped, so I guess the primer did it's job.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021

Good, and you do need it as the shampoo is drying, it works great adding moisture and calming the scalp, but not so great in detangling. I do like it, but I prefer just buying the conditioner, as using all 3 products - primer, shampoo and conditioner is too expensive actually....

Posted on Oct 11, 2021

I liked this primer, I used it as a pre-poo to detangle my hair. I have to say that it does not have the best slip ever, but it does have enough. I followed up with the shampoo from the same line and my hair did not feel stripped. The product is true to its claims and I like that it’s a 12oz size.

Posted on Sep 24, 2021

Love this line by Curlsmith. I applied this to my scalp before washing with the Shampoo and I used it to detangle my hair. I have only used the Pre-Biotic Primer with the Wash & Scrub and conditioner in this line, so I can’t speak to how the product works on it’s own, but I can say with confidence that my hair not only looked amazing and felt clean, soft, and refreshed! I don’t know that you need the Primer to go with the wash and scrub, but I think that having the primer really helps to be more thoughtful and meticulous as you go about your wash day and I think that this makes for a more luxurious wash day.

Posted on Feb 28, 2022

I leave it on my scalp for ten minutes before shampooing and then leaving the shampoo in my hate fur another 3 to 4 minutes. And use it once a week. I have noticed a lot less hair loss since I have started using it. Will repurchase.

Posted on Feb 12, 2022

One of a kind of product. I was intrigued by this. I can’t speak for what it has done so far as I have only used it once but I love this extra step for taking care of my scalp. It feels moisturising with out being heavy.

Posted on Oct 19, 2021

Curl smith products are just amazing. This primer together with the conditioner and scrub works miracles. I’ve oily scalp and scalp is prone to buildup so this products are holy grail.

Posted on Jun 10, 2022

this comes to rescue when i leave my hair for 5+ days without washing/detangling. super gentle on the scalp and the scent is lovely and bearable.