Page 1 - Reviews - Eden Foods, Organic Shiro Miso, 12.1 oz (345 g) - iHerb
GE

Posted on Jun 1, 2022

I am on a soup journey in my life because of gut issues and decided to try this miso. I have the other variety that Iherb sells and they are both very good. The probiotic benefits are wonderful and the flavor is super yummy. It's a thick paste that you add once the soup is done for the probiotics to be retained. This package lasts a long time but must be refrigerated after opening.

Posted on May 20, 2022

I bought this because it is the lowest sodium miso I can find and is also organic. Of course Eden Foods' quality is excellent. When I first bought this years ago it was not my favorite, but now it is my go-to miso and I love it! Other misos are far too salty with more salt than flavor. This has a slightly sweeter taste. It adds a lot of flavor to everything from soups to dips, sandwich spreads, etc. Also it is easy to keep around (no refrigeration needed until you open it). If it gets old it might darken somewhat but I have found it is still good to eat.

Posted on Dec 1, 2021

We have both of the brands of this miso and we like both. Good to add umami to many dishes and soups. Healthy and tasty! I like that the other type from this brand had a dispenser and this one doesn't (not sure why). So we transferred to a clean glass jar for storage in the fridge.

Posted on Aug 5, 2021

I love Eden Organic miso. I trust it to be clean, without unneeded extras. I also use the Genmai miso depending on my tastes and needs for that day. I wish Iherb would also carry their Mugi and Hatcho varieties.

Posted on Mar 21, 2022

This is the best, tastiest and awesomest miso paste I've ever tried! Milder than the regular one, adds tanginess and a lot of umami taste to anything. My must have from now on

Posted on Mar 7, 2022

Happy with the purchase, very reasonable price, great quality and perfect packaging to keep it fresh and without mess! I already used in one of the soups and it had a great taste. Definitely recommend it and will order again once I finish this one!

Posted on Mar 4, 2022

It tastes great! It's sweet and good option when cooking for baby (if you don't want to use salt). Long shelf life! I prefer buying the one with the cap so it's easier to store after use.

Posted on Jan 8, 2022

Mild, slightly sweet and salty taste. Smooth. Delicious on buttered toast and also in soup or a simple hot drink. Excellent quality like all other products I have tried from Eden Foods.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021

This product is rarely available which is why you should but it as soon as it's available! It's very mild in taste, great for Miso soup! it's packed well for reuse which is very important and useful.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021

Miso soup (味噌汁, misoshiru) is a traditional Japanese soup consisting of a dashi stock into which softened miso paste is mixed. In addition, there are many optional ingredients (various vegetables, tofu, abura-age, etc.) that may be added depending on regional and seasonal recipes, and personal preference. In Japanese food culture, Miso soup is a representative of soup dishes served with rice. Miso soup is also called Omiotsuke (御味御付).